Tuscan Bean Soup
2T olive oil
1 medium to large onion, sliced thinly
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup stewed tomatoes, diced
1 pound of kale
2- 16 oz cans of canellini or white northern beans, rinsed and drained 8 cups of low sodium chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon and Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Rinse kale well, de-vein, and cut into small pieces (they cook quicker the smaller the size).
2. In large Dutch pan or soup pot, saute onion in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and kale and cook 2-3 more minutes.
4. Add in chicken stock and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add in beans and tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes.
7. Season to taste. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.